Friday, September 26, 2008

A Sad Day

I'm not even talking about the shattered state of our country right now.

It's a sad day in Worthington for my brother Mike and his fiancee Kristin. The worst-case scenerio we've all run through our heads, sadly became a reality for them this evening. Their sweet black dog Marcus was hit by a car in front of their house. They took him immediately to an emergency vet, but there was nothing that could be done. His heart had stopped beating and they weren't able to bring him back.

They are devasted and inconsolable, as I expect I would be in, GOD FORBID, the same situation. Mike and Kristin got Marcus when he was a tiny puppy and have enjoyed his company for many years. Their other dog, Kita, will certainly be missing her "brother".

Hug your pets a little extra tonight. And keep my sad, broken-hearted brother in your thoughts for a while.

No comments: