Saturday, September 13, 2008

Over the Sun

This is not the same as being "Over the Moon", I assure you. I mean that we are literally, over the sun, over it, wish it would stop shining! We were hopeful that the 900-mile-wide hurricane making landfall 200 miles away might bring us a cool rainy weekend and make it feel like fall, even just temporarily. But no such luck, you all in Ohio will feel more of the effects of Ike than we are. We got nothing, not even a cloud in the sky. So, the air conditioning continues to run, the sun continues to relentlessly shine in the giant blue sky, the grass is brown and sunburnt, the crickets and gnats are breeding, the lake is hotter than bath water and I'm tired of it all.

This may sound odd coming from the Sun Goddess herself who left Ohio citing, "not enough sun". The first 5 months of summer are great, don't get me wrong. I do love the sunshine and really emotionally thrive in beautiful sunny weather, but there comes a point when enough is enough. It's been a minimum of 90 degrees for HALF A YEAR now!! Fall doesn't exist here, so we're holding out for winter.

I'm dreaming of jeans and sweaters, scarves, big winter bags, hoodies, slippers and Uggs. Just to be able to open our bedroom windows at night would be a miracle. I'd trade anything right now for a dark, cloudy, wet & rainy weekend. But no, tomorrow the weather forcast is this: 90, partly cloudy, mosquito warning. Awesome.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I hear ya. I'm ready for fall. Besides, Jack has cute fall clothes and I have maternity clothes I'd like to bust out.