Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Prime Filets

If you have not been to a Costco, let me fill you in on some things. It's AWESOME! For many reasons it is the best way to shop for pretty much everything in your home. For foodies like us it's like a fantasy-land of meats, cheeses, breads, fruit, wine and chrome countertop appliances.

Joseph had a really hard time deciding which steaks to buy. The meat at HEB where we usually shop is disgusting in comparison and about four times the price. He could have seriously spent all day and about $5,000 buying meats, chesses and wines. But he settled on four 10 oz. Prime Filets and two bottles of wine. Last night after I got home from work we made this for dinner:
Blackened filet with shrimp scampi and steamed broccoli

Perfect medium rare

Kendall Jackson Grande Reserve 06 Chardonnay
Joseph using his glass of wine for emphasis while telling a story about two idiotic people! (you may know them!)


Then we had lemon meringue pie that I made on Sunday, which was SO GOOD! While we were sitting at the table finishing our wine we let the dogs in to hang out with us for a bit. Marshall plopped down right between us under the table and Cooper laid down next to me. After a few minutes he started waving his paw in the air and quietly growling at me. I reached down and grabbed his paw, and then we stayed just like that for about twenty minutes. My dog actually sat next to me and held my hand. He is so damn cool.

1 comment:

AJsGirls said...

I am so proud of the man he has become...seriously!