Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I may be a BUCKEYE

...But this is where I do my laundry



Saturday, September 13th

OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
vs.
UNIVERSITY of SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

We are proudly displaying OSU & USC flags on our back fence, which is visible to A LOT of traffic. The winning team's flag will stay up, the losing team's flag will be put away until next September when they play again in Columbus. Joseph's lucky number is 13, which makes me a little nervous for the Buckeyes.

Go Bucks!
&
Go Trojans!

Sorry everyone in Ohio for that last line. I have to, this blog isn't called "Amy, My Story". You don't have to worry about me though. I'll always be a proud Buckeye. I was born at the OSU hospital, Mama Lisa has worked there for 28 years and has always had tickets to games, Kate graduated from OSU Law, my whole family is OBSESSED (does anyone remember Mr. Mrs. and Baby Buckeye in the Buckeye Mobile?, see photo) and it is nearly impossible not to internalize some of the "Religion of Brutus" growing up in Columbus. I'm afraid to say that you may all have your work cut out for you in trying to instill this in my children. They will most likely be raised on the beaches of Southern California and their vision will be clouded with Dodger blue, maroon & gold and purple & gold.


Kate, Kevin & Jack

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been at OSU for 29 years, 4 months and 4 days (not that I'm counting or anything.)

No offense, Joseph, but GO BUCKS!!

Kate said...

Traitor! GO BUCKS!!

Though, it won't be much of a game if Beanie is out. Boo.