Tuesday, November 25, 2008

in my kitchen

I marinated some tri-tip in my staple kick ass marinade (balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, rosemary sprigs & honey) and then Joseph grilled it. Always delicious.


The next night I made:
fried rice (shrimp, leftover tri-tip, ham, onion, carrot, celery, green pepper, garlic, ginger, broccoli, almond)



We had a guest for dinner. Joseph brought his buddy Clay home after a long day of disc golfing at TPDGCC (that's Twin Parks Disc Golf Country Club) in Dripping Springs. They were very hungry and Clay was a VERY ENTHUSIASTIC fan of my cooking, which was nice. At one point Clay said, "I'm impressed, I'm blown away" and Joseph said, "That means she's happy, she loves to impress." He was the best kind of dinner guest too, the kind who takes the dish you're drying and the rag out of your hand to do it for you and gets a paper towel to clean up the mess you made on the floor and were planning to ignore. We drank some nice wine and started out the night with panko fried shrimp and veggy eggrolls with apricot hoisin sauce and some incredible seared rare tuna (thanks, 909). I didn't get pictures of any of that, but I wish I did because the tuna was so crazy bright reddish purple.

Clay after eating so much he "could only think about taking a nap"

No comments: