Friday, November 28, 2008

a few photos

I was pretty busy eating, drinking and being thankful yesterday so I didn't take many pictures. I managed to get a few good ones of our laid back Thanksgiving in Horseshoe Bay.

Before dinner we played a little frisbee

The food was better than ever, simple and delicious. I kept it pretty traditional and made everything totally from scratch...roasted turkey breast, cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, creamed corn, green bean casserole, cranberries and the very best cloverleaf butter rolls I have ever had the pleasure of eating. In my fat-dreams I would have eaten the whole batch right out of the oven with a stick of butter.
We drank a lovely bottle of wine with dinner
And had some fabulous pumpkin cheesecake for dessert

The NEXT DAY SANDWICH is what I choose to call this pile of deliciousness. One of those cloverleaf rolls upside down and cut into 3 slices with turkey, crumbled crispy stuffing, cranberry sauce and bleu cheese

No comments: