Friday, August 29, 2008

What's up?

My new job is taking some getting used to. 3.5 weeks off after a year of only working 3 nights a week is making it harder than I anticipated to get into the grind of 40 hours a week. The horror of ...Gasp... 5 days a week! Yeah yeah, I know.

Other than that...

I just finished a good book, The Condition by Jennifer Haigh, a story about a fractured family made up of 5 very flawed individuals. I wouldn't have liked it if it ended sadly, or badly, so one way or another, the family learns to be a family.

I listened to Barack Obama speak last night. It seems evident, apparent and completely necessary that every single person in this country who has ears (or closed captioning) must vote for him in 66 days! Without my new crush Barack Obama in office we are all, and this country as a whole is doomed to struggle and fail! It seems so clear, but my faith in the people of the US to elect him is shaky. I don't think an election has ever mattered as much as this one will.

Anyway...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say, I don't think McCain's VP choice is a particularly good one. He sure can't talk about Obama's lack of experience anymore. Seems to be a fairly obvious, rather insulting attempt to woo female voters.

Kate said...

Wasn't Obama awesome. I am determined to get Jack a shirt that says, "Get your mama to vote for Obabam." How can anyone resist his sweet face?