Monday, August 18, 2008

lunch and a haircut

My friend Susan and I have come up with a lovely trading system. Every couple of months Susan comes to my house for lunch and a haircut.

First we catch up and talk for a while, drink some strong-ass coffee and fill each other in on the latest HSB gossip. (There is always so much, you wouldn't believe these people!) Then I make lunch, which since Susan is vegetarian, means lots of fresh fruits and salads.

After we're done with lunch and Susan's gotten her caffeine fix, we move onto the haircut. She has been doing my hair since '06. Back before Joseph's opinion really had any bearing, she used to get crazy and fun with the highlights and styles. But since Joseph has made it clear forever that he wants my hair long and natural, I am working on growing it as long as I can. These days I just get it trimmed up to keep it healthy. ........... there may be a wedding at some point... sometime... in the future... near or far... and I want my hair to be really really long, most of the way down my back, so that's the real reason for growing it out. Don't anyone get too excited... we're still talking years here. :)

This is what we had for lunch,
grilled romaine salad with tomatoes and goat cheese vinaigrette:

a platter of tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, french bread & roasted garlic hummus, cantaloupe and apple slices:


Susan cut some little bangs this time, which I'm totally loving! Here we are after dinner tonight, you can see my hair pretty well:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks good long.