Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hi Ho Hi Ho

It's back to work I go!

I am all for a nice summer vacation, but daay-um, I am ready to get my ass back into the world of working, paycheck-producing adults. I have thoroughly enjoyed these lazy days and I am grateful for the chance to have taken this lovely, quiet break. I went to Florida at the beginning of the month (to fall in love with a boy), and the rest of August has been occupied doing these things... reading, swimming, running, cooking, blogging and stalking others' blogs, budgeting and planning our life for the next 2 years (so much to do!!), cleaning (occasionally), laundry and drinking beer.

So... I am more than ready, excited even, to be headed to work today. Sadly, the school lunch catering deal fell through at the last minute. Turns out, the parents thought it was a great idea until it actually came time to pay for it. Oh well, what are you gonna do? Go back to your job at the best place in town, that's what!

Cafe 909, that is. They are very excited to have me back and I am very VERY excited to submerge myself completely into the workings of the best kitchen in central Texas! (sour dough starter made from blanc de blanc wine grapes!!!!!! I am bringing some of that home and you all will still be eating my wine sourdough in 2056!)

Back to the real world I go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back at 909.

Kate said...

I'm sorry the school gig fell through, but it sounds like 909 is a great place to be. Have fun at work tonight!

AJsGirls said...

That's such a bummer about the school thing....does the sourdough starter ship well?