Friday, August 8, 2008

Florida

Amy just got back from a lovely little vacation in Florida. Kevin was going to be out of town for Kate's birthday, so Mama Lisa, Aunt Sarah and Cousin Erin planned to drive to Florida to spend some time with Kate and Jack. Not wanting to miss out on the family fun (and having a few days off from work), Amy decided to meet them there. As you'll see from the pictures, we had a blast... It's also safe to say that Amy completely lost her heart to a certain 19 month old blond boy named Jack Robert Lord.

We went to Jack's gymnastics class, which was fantastic to watch. He did many activities, all of which were totally darling. We went to the pool, swam and had a picnic, shopped, got mani-pedis (not Jack), celebrated Kate's birthday and went to the beach in Destin. Most of the fun was had chasing Jack around the house and awe-ing at his every move at home.

It is wild and amazing to me to see a little person, whom 1) I love so much and find more perfect than I ever could have imagined, and 2) to me, looks like a beautiful blend of my brother and sister. That sounds strange, but he has Kate's eyes, and I see Mike's face, expressions, hand gestures and of course, the hair. I know he looks like Kevin and his cousins too, but the similarities I see to my siblings is so so cool.

Here's a slideshow of some of the highlights:

2 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks for visiting, Amy. I had a great time and I know Jack loved spending time with his Aunt "Mamie". Can't wait to see you again soon.

Kate said...

Nice slideshow! It's all about photobucket.com.