Tuesday, January 27, 2009

When Joseph Cooks

This week I had to work early in the morning on Sunday and Monday while Joseph was off. It was nice that I got to be home to have dinner together, but I was super tired and Joseph was in weekend relax & chill mode. Joseph was in charge of the grocery store this week, and therefore, what we had for dinner on Sunday and Monday. Check out what he cooked for us!

On Sunday afternoon we watched the Lakers kick the Spurs in the ass. Joseph cheered loudly and sent rude unsportsmanlike text messages to some local SA fans. He made shrimp cocktail and a little cheese. He drank Chimay and I drank Shiner Hefeweizen with a lemon. Yumm.

I could seriously get used to coming home from work to find him in the kitchen. For dinner that night he made some bacon, bleu cheese burgers. That's crispy bacon and bleu cheese crumbles mixed into the burger patty. He fired up the grill, even though it was kind of cold. Totally worth it, they came out completely delicious.



Monday evening I was even more lucky! I am off Tuesday and Wednesday this week, so Monday was like my Friday. Joseph had two bottles of wine for us to drink and made the most delicious fettucini alfredo with blackened chicken and shrimp I have ever had. Better than the last time I made alfredo. The wine was awesome. J Vineyard, in the Russian River Valley, makes some of our most favorite wines. The "champagne" has really special meaning to us, and we've enjoyed both the Pinot Noir and Chardonnay several times. I was excited to get to taste a 4th variety from J, the Pinot Gris. Fantastic!! My turn for the toast: "To taking that trip to wine country and visiting J Vineyard before I turn 30!"

He also made casesar salad boats for an appetizer and sizzler bread with the pasta! A-Ma-Zing!

2 comments:

AJsGirls said...

You're really raising him right. If I get a grilled cheese from Aaron, I am doing happy dance. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Joseph, that food looks great!