Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fiesta!

We made some really delicious tacos last night. Joseph declared the meal "the best taco spread possible", and I happen to agree. Taco shells and spicy ground beef to make tacos and all the toppings your Tex-Mex ass could ever desire... Spanish rice, refried beans, guacamole, kick-ass salsa, diced tomatoes, white onion, cilantro, lime, shredded lettuce, cheddar and sour cream. Too bad you only get to see it.


Now I'm about to toot my own girlfriend horn. I'm kind of amazing though, it deserves to be said on occasion. I feel a little sad for Joseph when he has to come home to a dark and quiet house on nights when I have to get to bed early. The idea of him having to try to make himself something to eat in our kitchen, which contains little to no junk food or pre-made anything, is even more sad. Unless there is soup or leftovers, he thinks anything else is too much work. It's all just vegetables, meats, cheeses, breads, sauces and stuff that has to be cooked... So before I went to bed tonight I put this together for him


Salsa, guacamole, homemade refried beans, sour cream, green onion, tomato, cilantro, black olives and I even shredded all that cheddar by hand! How great do I make his life?! :)

Oh yeah, I went to bed after posting this and remembered that anyone who had read about our oven predicament might think I was either cruel, leaving him nacho prep and having no way to heat them, or lying about the oven. The truth is, the broiler still works!

P.S. This entire taco feast cost less than the two 6-packs of Mexican beer.

3 comments:

Kate said...

The other night on the phone you made it sound like you were just having tacos. Joseph is lucky.

Anonymous said...

He sure is...

AJsGirls said...

This is a constant problem in our house also...everything actually requires prep. Which means if I don't do it they end up eating candy Aaron has stashed in his underwear drawer or who-knows-what. Cereal comes in handy.