Wednesday, January 14, 2009

9pm is the new 3am

It took much less time and struggle than I expected to become adapted to earlier hours. These days, I'm surprised to find myself in bed with the lights out by 10pm almost every night! Sometimes earlier. And getting up is not a problem. After about a week, I was waking up just before my alarm. I continue to hop right up at 7:30am (occasionally 6:00 or 8:30) when the alarm goes off, which gives me 90 minutes to be at work. I go in at 9 or 10 most days and 7:30 rarely. I have been getting home between 6 and 7:30, or about 3 on early days.

The part I have not adapted to my new schedule is running. It's cold and dark when I'm getting ready in the morning, and I'm lying if I say I will even consider running when it's below 50 degrees. It's dark when I get home most nights and there are way too many animals to run up on and not enough street lights to go out at ithe dark. The pool closes at 6pm. I keep meaning to do my yoga video...... It needs to get lighter and warmer earlier in a hurry because my ass is getting fat.

Joseph has been more affected by my new schedule than either of us imagined. Turns out, Joseph has a hard time going back to sleep after I leave. He's been using his extra hours of the day to play more disc golf. Naturally.

I'm pretty sure this computer got hijacked by some virus or similar pain in the ass computer scenario, so if I suddenly become an absent blogger at some point, you know why. I'm tempted to use one of my thrilling weekly paychecks to go buy a new computer. All the other shit we need can wait, I'm tired of this POS laptop that we've never bothered to get wireless for. That's gotta change too. Hmmph.

It's almost 10 and I'm ready for bed. Peace.

Oh yeah...HOW MANY DAYS UNTIL OBAMA TAKES OVER? :)

No comments: