Saturday, January 10, 2009

Orchids?

I rescued 6 orchids from certain dumpster death yesterday. At AGC there is a constant flow of orchids purchased, enjoyed through one bloom, discarded and replaced. I could not imagine throwing away perfectly alive and healthy plants of any kind, and I was happy to take the orchids in. I do not know anything about orchids, except that they are rather fickle. I learned to water by soaking them in a few inches of room temperature water for 10 minutes. I did that.
Then I jammed them in this big pot and put them in the dining room, which has become quite full of plants because it gets really great direct sun all morning long. Beyond this, I know nothing about orchids. Hints and suggestions welcome. I guess I should do some orchid research online.

2 comments:

AJsGirls said...

Pretty...Sorry, I cannot help, I've never done orchids.

Anonymous said...

As you know, I have always had a knack for growing plants and gardening in general, but I can't help you with orchids.