Friday, January 9, 2009

Not Much

There's a lot of Kleenex in the trash at our house these days. I've got Cedar Fever, the ultimate middle finger from the state of Texas, which plagues me with itchy, runny nose and 2,458 sneezes a day for three months at the beginning of each year. And poor Joseph woke up this morning with a sore throat, clogged everything and a swollen neck.

I got off work before 7 tonight and don't have to be in until noon tomorrow, so I was feeling like I needed to do something with my Friday night. The exciting plan I came up with for a wild Horseshoe Bay night: visiting Joseph (even feeling crummy, he's still so handsome) at Lorraine's
And making chicken noodle soup. I used a whole leftover smoked chicken (from Christmas), which cooked down in the broth for a while before I added the noodles. Mmmm, Mmmm good, I do believe that's what those Campbell's people said.

******

This is the (nearly) full moon on the back deck at Austin Golf Club. I'm going to take more pictures of the club, but here's a few. It's pretty amazing out there. A small stone building on 5,000 acres

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
Check online but I'm not sure I would put the orchids in direct sun... Happy New Year!