Monday, October 13, 2008

Ribeye, Red Wine & the Dodgers

That's our Monday night in a nutshell. Here are some photos.




Joseph grilled this giant bone-in Prime Ribeye and some jumbo Gulf shrimp. I whipped up mashed potatoes, broccoli, satueed mushrooms and a fabulous rosemary/redwine/butter sauce. We also had some of that terrific sourdough, slightly toasted with butter. We drank an old dusty delicious bottle of wine, a 2000 Margaux, which had to be strained thru a coffee filter into a decanter, because it was full of sediment. Our toast "To the Dodgers and to us!" We ate dinner in the living room while watching the Dodgers come back against the Phillys. It's 3-2 now in the 6th inning and we hope they can pull off a win. I've developed a crush on Andre Ethier, a young, handsome Dodger, whom Joseph now refers to as "your little boyfriend". Ooops, now the game is tied. I hope the boys in blue can make this happen. I know a few Higley Boys who would never ever forget their team finally making it back to the World Series.

****Update***
The Dodgers did not win. Joseph is very sad.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Sorry about the Dodgers, but dinner sounds great!

AJsGirls said...

I seriously kinda cried...for a lot of reasons but one of them is I knew how sad my brother would be. *SIGH* Those Dodgers. Your food looks just amazing. Sadly, your budget food and mine don't even compare. I made beans, yes, beans, but homemade beans are delicious and probably the healthiest thing you could eat. Now I am able to freeze the rest in little baggies and I don't have to use nasty canned ones. Mine have cumin, chili powder tomatoes, ....mmmmmmm.....