Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Obama-Rama ... Sarah Falin'

I was super happy when the Obama stuff I ordered finally came in the mail on Monday. Before I even left the post office, this new bumper sticker was stuck on the car.


This tshirt came too. I wore it yesterday to the pool. An older woman stopped me and said, "Do you feel safe wearing that here in Republican Country?" and I said, "Yes, I'll tell anyone who asks why I think Obama is better." and said said, "Well, good for you, maybe I should start wearing one too." and I said, "Yes, you should."


Out here in Llano/Burnet county it is full-on McCain/Falin land. There are signs everywhere. I've seen several McCain/Falin bumper stickers placed right next to W'04 stickers. Really, you're not completely embarassed to tell people you voted for that mooseknuckle? You should be! You just can't help the stupid, I suppose. Lucky for us, Austin isn't too far away. Austin is the only liberal city in this whole stupid state, and it was very refreshing to finally see some Obama supporters while we were there on Monday. I saw two stickers I really liked... "OBAMANOS, TEJAS!" and "End this Endless War. Vote Democrat"

Our yard sign is coming. It will probably be stolen the first night. My friend Joe and I have decided we're going to use red spray paint and change the P to an F on all the McCain/Palin yard signs around our neighborhood. We will need alot of cans of paint.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Love it. I clearly need this shirt for Jack: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=15722687

Anonymous said...

There are a few more OBAMA supporters out here in Llano/Burnet land ... I have bumper stickers, but I do need some yard signs!

There are only a couple OBAMA signs in our subdivision (Greenwood Acres at Lake Buchanan), and plenty of McCain.

I know if I had some signs, I could up the profile here!

Nancy