Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Girl and her Dog

This will become much less important when we have human children, but until then, let me tell you all one more time how much I freakin' LOVE my dog. He is the sweetest and nicest dog I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. (Laura was great, Mom, but not quite the same) He would be happy to spend each and every day with me outside, running, hiking, swimming or just relaxing. He's super athletic, patient and gentle with children, protective when necessary and so so loving. Everyone loves him, even though he kind of resembles an 85 pound wolf. At our old condo, he made friends with our older neighbors. It was months before I found out that he had been sneaking out of our place and going to their back door, where they would let him in and give him snacks and treats. He was always back before I knew he was gone.

I'm not sure how I ended up with such a wonderful and well behaved dog, because I had no prior dog-training knowledge before his "adoption", but I did and I am very happy that I did. He's my best buddy and it's hard to believe he's been mine for almost seven years. We've been through alot, several moves, an Ohio winter, a few plane rides in cargo... all worth it. I don't think that any dog will ever compare to my sweet, lovable, obedient companion, Cooper.

Here we are before a run. I take him with me when I'm wearing my Obama shirt, it's a dangerous Republican neighborhood, you know...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cooper is one of the smartest, nicest dogs I've ever known. You've done a great job with him.

AJsGirls said...

Noelle loves to look at your Doggies and say , "Hi" to both of them. She sends her regards to Aunt Amy and Uncle JoJo, also. BTW: That picture must be an optical illusion, I have a pregnant lady rump.