Thursday, February 5, 2009

Disc Golfing all Afternoon

We spent the afternoon in Burnet with the dogs on the disc golf course. I walked with the dogs while Joseph played 36 holes. It was really windy today, but otherwise sunny and beautiful. The wind made for some difficult play for Joseph at times, but he continued to impress me with his skill, control, aim and technique with various discs and throws. The dogs had a blast, running around in the woods for 2 hours is their idea of a good afternoon. They even got to see cows face to face! I was happy to spend time with Joseph, get the dogs out of the yard, have everyone get exercise and enjoy the sunshine for the first time in a while. I like days like today.

Cooper loves to ride with his head out the window. Who doesn't?

They walked with us for a while. Then something else caught their attention!
<
Big Black Cows!

Marshall was super interested in the cows. He got right up to the fence and stared intently. I had to keep Cooper on a leash near the cows because he would have jumped the fence and let his cowdog instincts take over. Chasing cattle will also get a dog shot in Texas! After a couple of minutes the cows noticed Marshall, and they were all quite intrigued by the little fluffy cow on the other side of the fence. I'm glad I had my camera.



The wind made play a little difficult. And Joseph didn't appreciate that I took these pictures of him retrieving his discs. It's all part of the game though. :)


He made some awesome shots, and played well overall. I got a few good photos of him putting. He made both these shots, if you can't quite see.

No comments: