Monday, July 21, 2008

Disc Golf League

After falling in the love with the sport of Disc Golf this spring, Joseph found and joined a Disc Golf Country Club, so that he could play in the Sunday League they hosted.

Today was the first week of a 10 week league. Joseph has been really pleased with his disc golf game recently, so he was feeling fairly confident (not something he usually lacks) heading out there this afternoon.

Turns out, like usual, he had plenty of reason to be confident. Not only was he inches away from hitting a $500 hole-in-one, but he won his division, beat the toughest competitor's best score and was told he should go pro.

I think he made a few friends too. The Dodgers came back from a 5 point deficit in the 9th inning to win by 1! And I made barbequed ribs and bacon macaroni and cheese and "Sizzler Bread"* for dinner. This day ranks up there amongst the top for my Happy Higley.

While Joseph golfed, I slept all afternoon on our huge soft couch.

Happy Sunday!

* Sizzler Bread, another recipe from Chris' restaurant recipe disc, is Joseph's new favorite. It's kind of like crack. It's equal parts soft butter and grated parmesan on Italian bread, cooked cheese side down on a hot griddle. Tastes like giant Cheez-Its!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Joseph!

Your pictures always make me hungry, even when I've just eaten.

AJsGirls said...

Sizzler bread! Oh my goodness! I am going to make that this weekend.