Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Busy Day with Mom

Today we kept ourselves very busy. This morning we took the dogs to the granite beach down the street from our house for a few hours of swimming. Then I had to work for a few hours, so Mom went shopping. After I finished my work at Lorraine's, we went to Inks Lake, a smaller lake about 15 minutes north of Marble Falls, to do some kayaking. It was really fun, a good arm workout too. After we had had enough sun and kayaking, we came home to make dinner. We had steak with bleu cheese sauce, wilted spinach with lemon & leftover pasta salad from the deli. We are also making the most of a bottle of Blueberry Stoli! We're both sad her visit ends tomorrow.

Amy on the kayak:


Mama Lisa & Amy kayaking on Inks Lake:



Cliffjumpers:



We came upon a deer having a snack by the water:


And some turtles sunbathing:


Mom's foot and the end of our kayak:

All done:


We were in the yellow double kayak:


Dinner:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice of you to say that "we" came home and made dinner. As I recall, my contribution to that delicious meal was making the drinks. I'll think of that dinner as I eat leftover Panera salad tonight.